Descrição do programa
The Executive MSc in Air Transport Management is designed to deliver advanced and comprehensive knowledge in air transport management strategic issues. It combines air transport theoretical knowledge with an increased focus on leadership and personal development. This degree programme is one of a set of postgraduate programmes designed by Cranfield University and offered at Muscat University and leads to the award of a Cranfield University degree and also a Muscat University degree.
The MSc in Air Transport Management aims to:
- Equip students with the skills required to pursue a successful career in various sectors of the air transport industry including airlines, airport companies and authorities, civil aviation departments, air transport consultancies and aerospace companies.
- Enhance students’ skills in air transport management, offering a mode of study that enables them to combine study with work commitments.
- Assist students in meeting the management training needs of existing air transport companies, suppliers, aviation consultants and government regulators.
We welcome applications from talented candidates of all backgrounds and each application is considered on its individual merit. Usually, candidates must hold either a:
- Minimum of a “Good” undergraduate degree from an Oman institution in a relevant discipline, or
- First or an upper second class the UK honours degree in a relevant discipline, or
- International degree – the equivalent of UK qualifications.
Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered if they have a professional qualification together with a number of years’ post-qualification relevant work experience. Other relevant qualifications, together with significant experience, may be considered.
In addition, candidates will be required to show proficiency in English evidenced by:
- A minimum IELTS score of 7.0.
|Module Number||Module Title|
|1||The Airline Business|
|2||The Airport Business|
|3||Professional and Personal Development|
|4||Air Transport Economics and Financial Management|
|6||Strategies for Success|
|7||Air Transport Marketing|
|8||Air Transport Market Analysis and Forecasting|
|9||Airline Fleet Planning|
|12||Individual Research Project (thesis)|
Academic Delivery Schedule 2019 - 2020
|Full-time students||Part-time year 1||Part-time year 2|
|Week||MSc ATM (Exec) Modules*||MSc ATM (Exec) Modules*||MSc ATM (Exec) Modules*|
|16 – 19 Sep||The Airline Business||The Airline Business|
|22 – 24 Sep||Professional & Personal Development||Professional & Personal Development|
|20 – 24 Oct||Air Transport Economics & Financial Mgt||Air Transport Economics & Financial Mgt|
|27 – 31 Oct||The Airport Business||The Airport Business|
|1 – 5 Dec||Research Methods||Research Methods|
|8 – 12 Dec||Strategies for Success||Strategies for Success|
|2 – 6 Feb||Air Transport Marketing||Air Transport Marketing|
|16 – 20 Feb||Air Transport Market Analysis & Forecasting||Air Transport Market Analysis & Forecasting|
|15 – 19 Mar||Airline Fleet Planning||Airline Fleet Planning|
|29 Mar – 2 Apr||Airport Operations||Airport Operations|
|14 – 25 Jun||Group Project||Group Project|
|03-Aug||Thesis submission||Thesis Submission|
|*Module dates may be subject to change, attendance is compulsory.|
Sobre a escola
Muscat University’s mission, vision, and values are underpinned by four essential themes: ethics, excellence, entrepreneurship, and innovation.